Monday 17 March 2014

SKINCARE ADDITIONS



Just a little show and tell session today, featuring the latest skincare products I have purchased. 


First up we have the Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins. I've had my eye on this one for a while, rubbing it all over my hand every time I ventured into Mecca (which is quite a lot). I'd resisted the purchase for ages because I was using up a Lancome cream I had received as part of my Elle Australia subscription (it was the Visionnaire Polishing Cream. It retails at $125, so suffice to say, I was happy to use up this product before I moved onto another!)
I'm keen to see how this Origins one stacks up. I like the texture, being between lightweight and heavy, which I think should work well with my combination skin. Plus, I've read plenty of rave reviews for this cream AND I love other Origins products, so I'm expecting good things to come.

Next is the Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleansing Oil. I had been tossing up between this one and the NUDE Perfect Cleansing Oil, as a new addition to my cleansing routine. It came down to Aesop simply because of millilitres to dollar ratio (the Aesop giving me double the product for the same price. Yes, I am quite stingy at times). In the form of an oil, which emulsifies when in contact with water, this product offers a nice combination of oily and milky cleansing action. I have been using this as my first cleanse, and following it with my usual balm cleanser. So far, so good. 

Finally I have a new-to-me product, which admittedly was a bit of a whim-purchase. After seeing Alix of icovetthee feature this Kiehl's Ultra Facial Toner in her recent Morning Skincare Routine video, I just really liked the sound of it. I have an exfoliating toner, which I use every other day, but didn't have a gentler, everyday version in my collection. I'm hoping that this will become part of my own morning routine, after cleansing but before any serums/moisturisers/sunscreen/makeup. I don't know much about it, but have been wanting to try something from Kiehl's, so we will see how it goes.  

And just lastly, let's not forget the loveliness of samples. I DO like it when purchases come with samples, as that way I don't feel bad asking for them, and I get to try out other products in the range (which I may or may not have had my eye on already). Really, as it is quite likely that I will proceed to purchase a product featured in a sample, it makes perfect sense for all (more pricey) companies to give them out. 


No comments :

Post a Comment